August 09, 2005

More on the Air America Scandal - Cue the Violins: Franken Speaks!

From the New York Post:

August 9, 2005 -- AL Franken says 20,000 poor kids and old people weren't the only victims of an exec who allegedly arranged a Bronx charity's mega-buck "loan" to Air America. "About three weeks into the life of Air America, I became an involuntary investor — I stopped being paid," Franken told listeners yesterday on WLIB (1190 AM).

No offense, but my sympathy would tend to lie more with the 20,000 poor kids who are now being deprived of social services so Al Franken's liberal radio channel could remain afloat. Al Franken could have always left. Yet, he did not.

Al Franken continues:

"I think [Cohen] was robbing Peter to pay Paul," Franken said, adding that the network's current owners, Piquant LLC, did some "forensic accounting" and learned about the defaulted loan. Franken said Piquant didn't legally have to pay back the loan, "but we morally do, so they started to make arrangements to pay it back. "I didn't know anything about this until last week," Franken claimed. "I really had nothing to do with this."

Good to know they are going to make arrangements to pay the charity back. However, I would like to know when, if ever, that will ever happen. Last I heard, Air America cannot even make its own payroll.
| |

<< Home