December 12, 2005

Fourth Quarter Blues

Each and every year it does not fail...my fourth quarter is always insanely busy.
As an attorney, I work in a rather intense customer service environment. Most, if not all, of my clients are "Type A" personalities and tend to have unrealistic expectations as to what can be accomplished in an hour, a day, or a week. These clients do not focus upon the amount of work involved . Rather, they tend to focus upon the end result - i.e., they number of transactions to be completed prior to the end of the year so that they can earn their bonus. Too bad they were not focusing on that for the other 9 months of the year.
It is the price I must pay to earn their business, I guess... So, I tend to work an insane amount of hours at the end of the year- regardless of the personal cost.
Anyways, I bring this up because it has seriously cut into the amount of time that I have for blogging. At this point, I am stuck blogging whenever I get a free minute (e.g., a long, long conference call or lunch time).
I have not given up blogging yet... it just seems like it!
| |

<< Home