December 12, 2005

Syriana Sucks

My friends and I saw Syriana on Friday.
While the cinematography and the acting were great (George Clooney and Matt Damon are two of my favorite actors and each gave a great performance in their respective roles), the film suffered from many flaws in the script and the overall pace. It portrayed Americans and American intelligence in a very, very bad light. Not to mention, of course, that it offered a real misunderstanding of islamic terrorism and tended to oversimplify the problems in the Middle East (according to the film, Big Oil is the root of all Middle East problems).

Put simply, it was a huge disappointment from both a political perspective and a movie fan perspective.

I have to get back to work as my conference call is ending. However, I will post more about why I really did not like this movie.
| |

<< Home